Thursday 18 November 2010

One year of blogging

I've tried keeping blogs before, but most never got beyond the stage of text document drafts on my hard drive. So looking at it I'm actually a bit surprised that I've managed to keep this one going for a whole year...

Today I'll take a break from research and instead look at the blog's stats from the last year. What subjects have my readers been interested in?

Turns out that my most-viewed pages are seventies/eighties Richard Williams Studio adverts, Save UK Animation, British anime, Joe and Petunia, Following up on Gifford: the 1940s, Following up on Gifford: the 1920s, Larkins' Without Fear and a Barclays Bank ad, Halas & Batchelor's Snip and Snap, Bevanfield's Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin and Following up on Gifford: the 1930s. Interesting mix.

By some distance, my top referrer (aside from Google) is Cartoon Brew. Thanks, you two!

The top search terms are "Daddy's Little Bit of Dresden China", "seventies advertising", "BBC2 ident", "Eric Goldberg animator", "Snip and Snap cartoon", "Petra Freeman", "A Busy Day Ub Iwerks", "animators before 1910" and "Butterfly Ball film". It's good to see continued interest in work from a range of periods.

Hopefully all of my visitors have enjoyed reading my blog. I've definitely enjoyed myself putting it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment